Below are descriptions of what you will be introduced to in classes, and the fee for each level. If you are looking for scheduled class times <click here>
Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki Kai focus on wellbeing of the whole life, which includes all that is in mind, body, spirit and energy field (aura). Usui Sensei’s 2nd awakening is well known, but in Gendai Reiki-ho and Komo Reiki classes you are shown the importance of his first awakening.
I guide students’ on how ‘to be‘ one with the universal vibrations of love and harmony flowing through, rather than doing something. Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki Kai embrace only only the spiritual practice/healing art that Usui Sensei created in 1922, which includes bring your mind, body and spirt into alignment. When mind, body & spirit are in alignment you can harness your full potential. <What is Usui Reiki>
As your awareness expands in Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki Kai classes you open to feeling inharmonic and harmonic vibrations, which erases the need for any symbols standard hand positions. As you come into oneness with universal love and harmony you connect with your true/authentic universal self and can tap into your unique potential.
Shoden (level one) focuses on self-healing; when you heal yourself you heal your family, your group. your community and our world. You are shown how to cleanse your mind, body, spirit, your energy field and the area around you, and allow Usui Reiki to flow to others (people and all forms of life) as needed to heal mind, body or spirit.
In each level you will rceive multiple empowerments (attunements), but they are only the beginning of what you have the opportunity to learn and experience as you become the pathway/channel through which a piece of universal energy flows. <What is Reiki?>
Each level consists enough classes to leanr all Japanese exercises and techniques to weave Usui Reiki Ryoho, as it was originally practiced in Japan in the 1920s, into everyday life without complications. <scheduled classes>
As you weave this piece of universal energy into your life you touch the lives around you in a positive way. One of the goals in going through the levels of Usui Reiki Ryoho, as originally created, is to live with your mind in a perpetual sate of tranquility, peace and joy.
There is no turning universal energy on or off. Usui Reiki does not shut down on holidays, have office hours or is in limited supply.
Usui Reiki is a piece of ‘the source’/universal energy. From the moment your pathway is opened in the Shoden level, Usui Reiki flows through you bringing the healing balance and harmony of universal energy in all places at all times without complications.
There is no worry about Usui Reiki flowing to any one who does not want it because if the higher self says no, then it simply doe not flow–the universe allows freewill.
Students wrote “I appreciated your website information” –Karen.
“Roberta is a very caring and enthusiastic teacher. I am more in tune now with universal energy.” –Susanne
Doi Sensei said in the classes I (Shihan Roberta Barnes) attended, “The practice of Gendai Reiki-ho is learning to live in an energetic state of Love and Harmony rather than living by manmade rules, symbols, materials” © Hiroshi Doi 1999. <read more>
I remember the smiles on other students’ and my face as Hiroshi Doi and Rev. Hyakuten Inamoto stepped away from symbols and hand positions to share with us the quintessence of Mikao Usui’s original teachings. <read more >
Before I continue, Gassho (thank you with respect for you) for not copying anything from this website.
Learning Usui Reiki Ryoho from a qualified Usui Reiki Shihan (master instructor/teacher of high standing),in a style honoring Usui Reiki Ryoho as created by Mikao Usui, is one of the most beneficial things you can do for you and those around you. <read more about Usui Reiki Ryoho>
Your vibration becomes higher in each level, and the quality of your life improves. Practicing of Japanese exercises expands your awareness of the healing balance and harmony of Usui Reiki in your mind, body, spirit and energy field (aura).
The detailed manuals I give in each level of Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki Kai are a combination of my Japanese Shihans’ manuals and the notes I took in their classes. The certificates I give relfect those of my Japanese Shihans.
To cover all of the exercises, techniques, meditations, etc, in each of the four levels requires at least 12 hours in classes. I break this down into multiple classes so that you obtain the full benefits without being overwhelmed. <schedules classes>
Usui Reiki flows to mind, body and spirit together as needed. Exercises take you beyond what is commonly thought of as healing; when your mind, body and spirit are aligned you can harness your full potential.
I am approved by the National Certification Board for therapeutic Massage & Body work (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki Kai add that gentle and beautiful healing touch to each massage.
ANIMAL REIKI is simply Usui Reiki flowing to an animal that is not a human being. Unlike scientific medicine, Usui Sensei’s spiritual practice/healing art is not subdivided into People Reiki, Animal Reiki, Bird Reiki, and other forms of life. Usui Reiki being a piece of universal energy, does not discriminate.
To your left you see a Scottish terrier enjoying receiving Usui Reiki. People often bring their dogs in for healing sessions; dogs are so open to receiving that the mini Reiki healing session are most common. <Healing Sessions>
How I teach is best described by my students:
“To those of you who are thinking of enlightening your lives for the better, I would recommend taking classes from Roberta R. Barnes, I have taken Shoden (level 1), Okuden (level 2), and just completed Shinpiden (level 3) in Gendai Reiki-ho.
“It is hard for me to express to others what has happened within me and around me after completing each level. I see the world and those in it differently. The best change has been within myself. I feel more balanced and open to the universe and what it wants to share with me. I feel more happiness and peacefulness then I have felt in a long while. I am finally able to just let go. For me that is a big one. So hard to put into words when the emotions are so overwhelming. Roberta is understanding and all of so many questions she answered patiently.” –Patty C.
“Roberta Barnes is non-judgmental. She creates an atmosphere of safety and acceptance where by a student can express innermost experiences and truly benefit from the Japanese Usui Reiki work. She brings her experience of life, which is extensive to the work. Coupled with this and her complete trust in Reiki, any of hers would experience profound growth. Gassho”. –Lorraine
Because I was blessed to be lucky enough to study Gendai Reiki-ho directly under Hiroshi Doi and because I have not changed the way he taught me, Natural Healing & Learning Center is certified by Gendai Reiki Kyokai<read more Shihan Roberta R. Barnes>
Through Gendai Reiki Ho and Komyo Reiki Kai you can learn to . . .
- release and purge negative karma and energy.
- live in a way so as to create positive karma
- uncover the true/authentic universal you.
- see the power in three simple words.
- expand your awareness of life
- easily allow Usui Reiki to flow without symbols or material objects
- align with the balance and harmony of universal wisdom.
- allow Usui Reiki to flow purely at any time in any place.
- feel/know the difference between inharmonic, harmonic, and universal vibrations.
- feel/know the differences between life force energy, Ki energy, and universal energy
- to know the true universal you that defines you.
I explain the meaning behind the Japanese names of exercises and techniques in classes as I learned directly from my Japanese Shihans Hiroshi Doi and Rev. Hyakuten Inamoto. The meaning is very most important as is evident in one exercise where the English pronunciation is the opposite of the Japanese meaning. <see current scheduled classes>
- Your life is but a collection of present moments; beginning in Gendai Reiki-ho & Komyo Reiki Kai Shoden you learn the importance of each present moment.
- Imagine your life when each of those moments is in-balance and surrounded with harmony.
- Imagine your mind when it is perpetually filled with peace, tranquility and joy (in classes I explain one of my Japanese words that has this meaning); the quintessence in which Usui Reiki Ryoho was created.
- Imagine when your awareness has expanded to the point where tranquility peace and joy become your life’s internal GPS.
Knowing the lineage of a Usui Reiki Ryoho practitioner or Reiki Shihan (master instructor/teacher of high standing), and seeing certificates puts you in control of what you want to add into your life. I,Shihan Roberta R. Barnes, teach and practice as I learned directly from Hiroshi Doi Sensei (honorable teacher) and Rev. Hyakuten Hyakuten Sensei. <meet Shihan Roberta R. Barnes>
More Students’ reviews on my classes:
“She is truly the Real Deal, unpolluted and pure — a fountain of love and harmony. If you are truly looking for a pure honest and factual learning experience, then you need to spend time with Roberta. Her personal emanates Love, Harmony, Knowledge and a Deep respect for all.” — Nerine
Pre-registration with a $50 non-refundable deposit is required for all levels. The fees listed below can change, so please check when registering.
Call 207-445-5671 or Contact Roberta R. Barnes by Email for more information and to register for classes.
you can harness your full potential
Shoden translates as first teachings, and focuses on self-healing and self-growth. This is the base for the healing balance and harmony in mind, body and spirit in the essence in which Mikao Usui created his “method to achieve personal perfection” © international.This level is reflected in the article I wrote, “It may appear small, but it is powerful” <click to read>.
Self-healing is important; when you heal yourself, you heal your family, your group, your community, and our world.
- Usui Reiki begins flowing as soon as your pathway has been opened. Nonetheless, as per Japanese tradition multiple empowerments (attunements) are given to make certain your pathway to universal energy is clear so Usui Reiki flows purely.
- Through Japanese exercises, techniques and meditations you are guided to weave the balance & harmony of Usui Reiki into mind, body, spirit and all areas of life.
- A Japanese technique is introduced in this level so that you have no need to memorize symbols or hand positions. Nevertheless, until feeling vibrations becomes natural to you, you are shown suggested placements for your hands.
- You are shown translations of the Usui Gokai (back bone of Usui Reiki Ryoho), the importance of each of the simple/short five lines, and why each begins the way it does.
- The 74 page Shoden manual includes the Japanese name for each exercise, technique, and meditation, and factual history. My manuals are a combination of the manuals I received from Doi Sensei’s or Hyakuten Sensei and the notes I took in their classes; as with my Shihnas,hese are only available to students.
- The certificate you receive upon completion reflects those of either Hiroshi Doi or Rev. Hyakuten Inamoto.
This is a $195.00 investment you make to improve the quality in your life.
Click here to see current scheduled classes. For other times or levels/degrees not shown at this time on the calendar page Call 207-445-5671 or Contact Roberta R. Barnes by Email today and begin your healing journey
In classes you come to know why you exist at this time and this place ©; as I introduce Usui Sensei’s ‘first‘ awakening you learn the importance of Now/present moment and being aware of what is new to you.
After having completed the fist level in a style honoring Usui Reiki Ryoho, and taken the time to practice exercises, feeling vibrations and living the Gokai you are ready for this level/degree as you go deeper into the spiritual practice Usui Sensei founded.
This level takes you deeper into the light. Symbols are introduced to use until you no longer need training wheels.
In classes you are guided to allow Usui Reiki to flow to over time and distance. What lies behind you and what lies before you is nothing compared to what lies within you now.
In this level
- The homeostasis of your whole self changes to a higher vibration as you bring all the vibrations/energies best represented by the earth, moon and sun into your everyday life.
- Your understanding of the essence of this spiritual practice Mikao Usui created deepens and becomes clearer.
- You can see that Usui Reiki is not limited by man’s measurement of time (past or future) or distance. When I wrote, “The past cannot be changed, but today can” for Ezinearticles.com my focus was on this level.
- You are introduced to the symbols/kotodamas/jumons that Usui Sensei created in 1925, which you can use as training wheels.
- trough exercises you can feel confident enough with Usui Reiki flowing through you that you step away from symbols, and comfortably allow the healing balance and harmony of universal energy flow.
- the Reiki symbols make you aware of all that Usui Reiki can help to heal, and exercises make you aware of unnecessary they are.
- Symbols are not required to make gravity function as it naturally does on Earth, so why would you need Reiki symbols to make a piece of universal energy flow? In level three you learn to transcend all symbols because they can stagnate the flow pf pure Usui Reiki.
- You learn to improve the quality of that which you learned in Shoden and use Byosen Reikan-ho more fully help heal all within mind, body and spirit
- You are introduced to the second of the three important deep healing techniques in Usui Reiki Ryoho. .
A certificate for the first level for a style honoring Usui Reiki Ryoho is required when registering for this level.
This level is $295.00 if you have completed the Shoden level with me. If you have not completed Shoden with me you will receive a Shoden manual along with the manual for this level/degree and I allow time as needed. I ask an extra $75.00 for this; many students find it most beneficial to take the Shoden level with me first.
This spiritual practice Mikao Usui founded is a personal growth journey; you can uncover the true universal you while you are healing in the best way for you as well as those around you. Gendai Reiki-Ho and Komyo Reiki Kai helps you to strengthen your ki/chi as well as your life force energy.
One of my students wrote — “I just don’t even have the time to write down all the ways that Reiki is pouring into my life and those around me. I feel so blessed and grateful. Each day is like an adventure deeper into Love and Light.” — Jenny
When your mind, body and spirit are in alignment
you can harness your full potential.
In this level Japanese exercises take you very deeply into spiritual growth so that your wave of consciousness becomes even higher. Shinpiden translates into English as teaching of the mysteries. In those early years when Usui Reiki Ryoho was first taught in Japan this level was extremely difficult for anyone to reach, and referred to as the secret level because you had to feel oneness with all before being accepted into this level.
- You are guided to allow Usui Reiki to flow more purely as your pathway opens wider and you spirituality and awareness expand.
- You are shown the fourth symbol, which some refer to as the master symbol, and learn its role and the true use of it.
- You also are guided to transcend all symbols and other training wheels.
- Exercises guided you to be one with Usui Reiki and continue on this blissful healing journey without the weight and restrictions of symbols.
- You can see more clearly that just as amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, vibrations are the building blocks of what we refer to as energy.
- Through advanced Japanese exercises and techniques your awareness expands allowing you to see all the miracles around you, and how to release deep rooted negative karma within.
- You are shown the last of the three most important Japanese techniques that form the base of Usui Reiki Ryoho.
- Doi-Sensei said in class, “You come to know why you exist at this time and in this place, and your role will be made clear”.
- You can see clearly that Usui Reiki Ryoho is not a series of empowerments, but a journey toward perpetually being filled with peace, tranquility, and joy, which is the stepping stop to satori.
When you have completed the second level in Gendai Reiki Ho or Komyo Reiki Kai with me, the fee is $495.00.
If you have not completed the second level in either Gendai Reiki-ho or Komyo Reiki Kai with me but have completed the teacher’s level in another style honoring the essence of Usui Reiki Ryoho the fee is $695.00. You will receive the first manuals and a class before you begin the classes in the third level. Many people find it more beneficial to first complete the second level in either style with me.
As you learn to resonate with Usui Reiki you find healing goes beyond just physical. Most people find that they are more sociable, productive, energetic, more likely to be in satisfying relationships, generally live longer and their awareness without ego is expanding.
The younger we are the less filters we have put in place to block out new ideas. Young people easily open to the depth of Usui Reiki Ryoho as it has come unaltered from Japan.
Ages are generally 2 – 12: past twelve most children know there is much more than a basic four hour class, so they ask to take Shoden. Pre-teen and teenagers have said Shoden helped them to focus in classes, which made homework easier.
- I tailor the manual and classes to the age of the child or the group of children learning together.
- This level is a combination of Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki Kai.
- Because Usui Reiki cannot be directed and symbols have no power. The open minds of children allow them to skip over symbols or other training wheels. As Hiroshi Doi said in class, symbols can slow a person down and cause them to loose their balance.
- This is basic 4 hours of instruction and only includes only one empowerment (attunement), but for a young child this is perfect.
- Some exercises for self-growth are included.
- A parent or parent approved adult or older child must accompany the child. This is nice because while she or he does not receive an empowerment or certificate, they have the benefits of the instruction.
A certificate of completion is given along with the manual. This is a $135.00 investment in your child learning that with balance and harmony everything goes smoother.
To know more about Japanese styles of Usui Reiki Ryoho and the benefits of Japanese exercises and techniques you can read about Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo /reiki Kai on this site or contact me at 207-445-5671.
This is the level when you combine all your studies together into a rhythm that allows you to invite others into the light (Usui Reiki). There are two purposes for completing this level.
You are shown the importance of teaching what translates as Right Reiki, which is not having to use symbols, odd rituals or material objects. It is teaching to resonate with the profound beauty within the pure flow of Usui Reik.
The first purpose is to complete the circle allowing for continued personal growth. The second purpose is wanting to be able to teach Gendai Reiki-ho as Hiroshi Doi created or Komyo Reiki Kai as Rev. Hyakuten Inamoto created, with no alterations. Both Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki are spiritual practices as Mikao Usui intended.
The prerequisite for this level is either a certificate of completion of Shinpiden in Gendai Reiki-ho, or Okuden in Komyo Reiki Kai (third level/degree),
Hiroshi Doi-Sensei said, “It is more proper to call it a training course for Reiki teachers than another step.” You should have already learned to transcend symbols and other such supports prior to beginning this level.
At this level you do not “do” Reiki, you have the goal of becoming Usui Reiki for personal growth. There are no known recorded documents of anyone reaching this goal, but each step of the journey is blissful. Usui Mikao in his humbleness rated himself as a two rather then a one even though he was described as a furnace of energy; since that time no one in the Gakkai has rated themselves higher then a three. This is the reason why this is the master instructor level and not master of the piece of universal energy we call Reiki level.
Click on calendar page to your left to see scheduled classes. Call 207-445-5671or Contact Roberta R. Barnes by Email todayand begin your healing journey
This includes many hours of instruction , exercises, practice, integrated empowerment, Reiki Shihan manual, and completion certificate. A certificate for Shinpiden (Level III) in Gendai Reiki Ho or Okuden (level III) in Komyo Reiki Kai is required before taking this level — $1,195.00.
Some styles have come to call an empowerment Reiju simply to stay away from the word attunement.
As Hiroshi Doi (who joined the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai in 1993) explains Reiju is not an empowerment; Reiju is a strong focused form of Usui Reiki that depends upon the Usui Reiki Ryoho Shihan’s intent.
What I do and teach in the fourth level is Gendai Reiju and not the Reiju that the society Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai currently uses or has used in the past. Reiju used within the URR Gakkai is only shared with members of the URR Gakkai.
The prerequisite for this workshop is to have completed the highest level in Gendai Reiki-ho or Komyo Reiki, and spent time practicing. It is said that Usui Sensei used something similar to Reiju when he originally opened students to the universal vibrations of love and harmony. Some call empowerments in Komyo Reiki Kai Reiju, but Gendai Reiju is not an empowerment (attunement).
It requires an understanding of direct connection with universal energy, without any training wheels being used. No training wheels/supports such as symbols or kotodamas are used. At gatherings it is customary for a Reiki Shihan to give Reiju to all those attending; this clears any blocks that may have formed in one’s channel and is a wonderful rejuvenating energy flowing through the whole you.
A person will never loose his or her connection to Usui Reiki, but things such as the ego or trying to direct universal energy to do what the human mind thinks is best can taint the universal energy flowing through your pathway.
Tainting of energy reduces the purity and thus we can feel what might be described as a loss in strength.
Gendai Reiju is a technique of Usui Reiki Ryoho that has a unique history, which is shared at the workshop.
Call 207-445-5671 or Contact Roberta R. Barnes by Email todayand begin your healing journey today.
Disclaimer –While you are learning this healing spiritual practice it is good to remember that Usui Reiki does not replace professional medical care. Neither Reiki practitioners nor Reiki Shihans can diagnosis or prescribe anything, unless he or she is also a licensed professional medical provider. Usui Reiki never interferes with the treatment of a licensed medical professional, but complements all healing modalities. No Usui Reiki practitioner of any level or Usui Reiki Shihan diagnoses any illness at any time.
|I also offer
Various workshops during the year, such as Down the Rabbit Hole, and Raising Your Vibration. In the warmer months of the year, Connecting with Nature workshops are offered in the area surrounding the Natural Healing & Learning Center. <see currently scheduled classes & workshops>
If you have any questions, or would like me to speak to a group Call 207-445-5671 or Contact Roberta R. Barnes by Email.
Roberta R. Barnes, Gendai Reiki-ho Shihan, Gendai Reiki Healing Kyokai Shihan, Komyo Reiki Kai Shihan, Master Herbalist, Author and Speaker
Note — Thank you for respecting the © on all the information Roberta R. Barnes is sharing with you and not copying without her written permission.
|Click to follow me!|
last updated 07/03/21