For more details in learning Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki Kai taught in teh same essence as I learend directly from Hiroshi Dori and Rev. Hyakuten Inamoto go to my Learning Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki Kai <click here>
In all classes I explain the meaning behind the Japanese words for each of the exercises and techniques; the need for this is obvious as in one exercise the meaning is the exact opposite of the English translated word.
The manual you receive in the level of Gendai Reiki-ho or Komyo Reiki Kai you are studying at that time is only available to my students.
Each manual is a combination of Doi Sensei’s or Hyakuten Sensei’s student manuals and the notes I took in their classes. Factual history and the Japanese exercises, technique and meditations are included in detail. The same as with many practices there are myths clicking here will show you the most common Reiki Myths.
While in 1999 one of Hiroshi Doi’s books was translated into English, it is only an introduction to the style he created. The training manuals he gives in classes includes much more. I have a copy of his originally translated book, which I asked him to autograph, so I know the difference. he training manuals he gives in classes.
Shoden translates as first teachings; Shoden is a powerful beginning to Usui Reiki Ryoho. Gendai REiki-0ho and Komyo Reiki Kai honor the essence in which Mikao Usui created his “method to achieve personal perfection” © international 1999 .
- Usui Reiki begins flowing as soon as your pathway has been opened. Nonetheless, as per Japanese tradition multiple empowerments (attunements) are given to make certain your pathway to universal energy is clear so Usui Reiki flows purely.
- Through Japanese exercises, techniques and meditations you are guided to weave the balance & harmony of Usui Reiki into all areas of life.
- A Japanese technique introduced in this level takes you beyond the need to use symbols or standard hand positions. Through exercises you can learn to allow vibrations to guide your hands so that you can allow Usui Reiki to flow at any time , in any place.
- The certificate you receive upon completion reflects those of either Hiroshi Doi or Rev. Hyakuten Inamoto.
Click here to see current scheduled classes. For other times or levels/degrees not shown at this time on the calendar page Call 207-445-5671or Contact Roberta R. Barnes by Email today and begin your healing journey
This is a $195.00 investment you make to improve the quality of your life.
If it is not possible to travel to the Natural Healing & Learning Center nestled quietly in the trees in Windsor Maine, USA, I will travel to teach a group of people. Call 207-445-5671 or Email Roberta R. Barnes for possible dates.
In classes you come to know “why you exist at this time and this place”–international ©; as I introduce Usui Sensei’s ‘first‘ awakening you learn the importance of Now and being aware of what is new to you.
How I teach is best described by my students:
“To those of you who are thinking of enlightening your lives for the better, I would recommend taking classes from Roberta R. Barnes, I have taken Shoden (level 1), Okuden (level 2), and just completed Shinpiden (level 3) in Gendai Reiki-ho.
“It is hard for me to express to others what has happened within me and around me after completing each level. I see the world and those in it differently. The best change has been within myself. I feel more balanced and open to the universe and what it wants to share with me. I feel more happiness and peacefulness then I have felt in a long while. I am finally able to just let go. For me that is a big one. So hard to put into words when the emotions are so overwhelming. Roberta is understanding and all of so many questions she answered patiently.” –Patty C.
The three symbols Mikao Usui created are introduced to use until you no longer need training wheels. You will see how universal energy is not bound by time or distance, and feel yourself opening to more universal vibrations of unconditional love and harmony.
In classes you are guided to allow Usui Reiki to flow to over time and distance. What lies behind you and what lies before you is nothing compared to what lies within you now.
- The homeostasis of your whole self changes to a higher vibration as you bring all the vibrations/energies best represented by the earth, moon and sun into your everyday life.
- Your understanding of the essence of this spiritual practice Mikao Usui created deepens and becomes clearer.
- You can see that Usui Reiki is not limited by man’s measurement of time (past or future) or distance. Through Japanese exercises you can connect with the vibrations of the past and allows balance nd harmony to surround them. When I wrote, “The past cannot be changed, but today can” for Ezinearticles.com my focus was on this level.
- You are introduced to the symbols/kotodamas/jumons that Usui Sensei created in 1925, which you can use as training wheels.
- trough exercises you can feel confident enough with Usui Reiki flowing through you that you step away from symbols, and comfortably allow the healing balance and harmony of universal energy flow.
- the Reiki symbols make you aware of all that Usui Reiki can help to heal, and exercises make you aware of unnecessary they are.
- Symbols are not required to make gravity function as it naturally does on Earth, so why would you need Reiki symbols to make a piece of universal energy flow? In level three you learn to transcend all symbols because they can stagnate the flow pf pure Usui Reiki.
- You learn to improve the quality of that which you learned in Shoden and use Byosen Reikan-ho more fully help heal all within mind, body and spirit
- You are introduced to the second of the three important deep healing techniques in Usui Reiki Ryoho. .
A certificate for the first level for a style honoring Usui Reiki Ryoho is required when registering for this level.
This level is $295.00 if you have completed the Shoden level with me. If you have not completed Shoden with me you will receive a Shoden manual along with the manual for this level/degree and I allow extra time as needed. I ask an extra $75.00 for this; many students find it most beneficial to take the Shoden level with me first.
One of my students wrote — “I just don’t even have the time to write down all the ways that Reiki is pouring into my life and those around me. I feel so blessed and grateful. Each day is like an adventure deeper into Love and Light.” — Jenny
- Keep striving to cultivate your heart (mind/spirituality)
- Receive Gendai Reiju as often as possible and attend monthly Koryukai when possible
- Daily say Gokai and do the Japanese exercises to which you have been introduced
In this level Japanese exercises take you very deeply into spiritual growth so that your wave of consciousness becomes even higher. Shinpiden translates into English as teaching of the mysteries. In those early years when Usui Reiki Ryoho was first taught in Japan this level was extremely difficult for anyone to reach, and referred to as the secret level because you had to feel oneness with all before being accepted into this level.
- You are guided to allow Usui Reiki to flow more purely as your pathway opens wider and you spirituality and awareness expand.
- You are shown the fourth symbol, which some refer to as the master symbol, and learn its role and the true use of it.
- You also guided to transcend all symbols and other training wheels.
- Exercises guided you to be one with Usui Reiki and continue on this blissful healing journey without the weight and restrictions of symbols.
- You can see more clearly that just as amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, vibrations are the building blocks of what we refer to as energy.
- Through advanced Japanese exercises and techniques your awareness expands allowing you to see all the miracles around you, and how to release deep rooted negative karma within.
- You are shown the last of the three most important Japanese techniques that form the base of Usui Reiki Ryoho.
- Doi-Sensei said in class, “You come to know why you exist at this time and in this place, and your role will be made clear”.
- You can see clearly that Usui Reiki Ryoho is not a series of empowerments, but a journey toward perpetually being filled with peace, tranquility, and joy, which is the stepping stop to satori.
When you have completed the second level in Gendai Reiki Ho or Komyo Reiki Kai with me, the fee is only $450.00.
If you have not completed the second level in either Gendai Reiki-ho or Komyo Reiki Kai with me but have completed the teacher’s level in another style honoring the essence of Usui Reiki Ryoho the fee is $625.00. You will receive the first manuals and extra class time as needed to cover the essence of the first two levels. Many people find it more beneficial to first complete the second level in either style with me.
- I tailor the manual and classes to the age of the child or the group of children learning together.
- This level is a combination of Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki Kai.
- Because Usui Reiki cannot be directed and symbols have no power. The open minds of children allow them resonate with universal vibrations without symbols or other training wheels. As Hiroshi Doi said in class, symbols can slow a person down and cause them to loose their balance.
- This is basic 4 hours of instruction and only includes only one empowerment (attunement), which for a child this is perfect.
- Some of the exercises for self-growth, given in Shoden are included, but most importantly the wave of love flows through the child without him or her having to draw symbols or do a ritual.
- A parent, parent approved adult or older child must accompany the child. While the person coming with the child does not receive an empowerment or certificate as the child does, they do receive the benefits of the instruction and being in a healing environment.
This is a $115.00 investment in a child learning that with balance and harmony everything in life goes smoother. When the child later wants to study the Shoden level with me I offer a discount to him or her for that level.
To know more about Japanese styles of Usui Reiki Ryoho and the benefits of Japanese exercises and techniques you can read about Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo /reiki Kai on this site or contact me at 207-445-5671.
I offer a internship that all each person to review and learn at his or her pace. I suggest and offer that upon completion of this level the student can attend any classes in any of the prior levels for review at no charge.
The first purpose is to complete the circle allowing for continued personal growth. The second purpose is wanting to be able to teach Gendai Reiki-ho as Hiroshi Doi created or Komyo Reiki Kai as Rev. Hyakuten Inamoto created, with no alterations. Both Gendai Reiki-ho and Komyo Reiki are spiritual practices as Mikao Usui intended.
Hiroshi Doi-Sensei said, “It is more proper to call it a training course for Reiki teachers than another step.” You should have already learned to transcend symbols and other such supports prior to beginning this level.
At this level you do not “do” Reiki, you have the goal of becoming Usui Reiki for personal growth. There are no known recorded documents of anyone reaching this goal, but each step of the journey is blissful. Usui Mikao in his humbleness rated himself as a two rather then a one even though he was described as a furnace of energy; since that time no one in the Gakkai has rated themselves higher then a three. This is the reason why this is the master instructor level and not master of the piece of universal energy we call Reiki level.
This includes many hours of instruction, exercises, practice, integrated empowerment, Reiki Shihan manual, and completion certificate. A certificate for Level III, Shinpiden in Gendai Reiki Ho or Okuden in Komyo Reiki Kai is required before taking this level– $1,200.00
As I learned from Hiroshi Doi, review of levels you have completed is best. My students can sit in at no charge on classes of levels they have completed with me. Those having completed the Gokukaiden level sit in on even the Shoden level to remind themselves of the importance of the beginning of this blissful journey.
Thank you for respecting © and not copying anything without written permission from Roberta R. Barnes, Gendai Reiki-ho Shihan, Gendai Reiki Healing Kyokai Shihan, Komyo Reiki Kai Shihan, Master Herbalist, Author and Speaker